HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:07:06 -0600
Hello Friends:

>Does anyone have any really spiffy (sorry for using technical terms) web pages
>running on their 3k that they would be willing to share?  I'm not an
>HTML developer,
>and I want to put up something nice before I tell our developers to
>go take a look.
>I'm trying really hard to change the view of the 3k here, and prove
>that it can do
>anything they can do on their servers (maybe even better).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Randall Davis

Depending on your definition of spiffy, the 3000 NewsWire site
(listed below, and running on a much faster network connection than
yesterday) is hosted entirely on Apache/iX on a Series 918 HP 3000.
At the 3000 NewsWire we try to practice what we preach. Chris Bartram
of 3k Associates (our Webmaster) even put up the new HTDig/iX search
engine up on the 3000.

Spiffy, in my definition, means loads pretty fast and stays up. We
like being hosted on a 3000, and have been since 1995. Check out
http://www.3000newswire.com/Freenewspage.html for an example.

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 NewsWire
Independent Information to Maximize Your HP 3000
[log in to unmask] http://www.3000newswire.com
512.331.0075