HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:34:07 -0500
</rant on>WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT!!! I have argued with HP on
this on several occasions. We have the same model of 5si yet each 'newer'
version of firmware treats the code in different ways. For example, we
created invoices using Fantasia software. These print to an older 5si. We
purchased a second one several months later and had to modify the code
slightly due to a difference in the way the firmware handles the PCL. A year
later, we purchased another 5si and CAN'T print any invoices to it. No
modification to the coding would help. HP has been out several times to
replace the board and jetdirect card. Still nothing. They refuse to believe
that the problem is caused by the firmware version. I have been on a hunt
for an older version of the firmware just so we can utilize the printer for
these invoices. </rant off>

Rick Clark
Senior Systems Analyst
WW&R