HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:55:47 -0800
Wayne Brown wrote:

> That management attitude was one of many reasons that I decided to change
> jobs (after almost 12 years).  My current employer expects more of
> operators, and as a programmer and DBA I enjoy working with operators who
> are encouraged to learn.  Several of my fellow programmers (and some of the
> PC support technicians) are former operators, and one of the current
> operators is being trained for a systems programming position.  I think
> it's a serious mistake to look at Operations as an unskilled or menial job.

congratulations for having this sort of attitude!.  and for those shops
wondering about how to train their operators without spending a fortune....

"MPE/iX for System Operators
 Suggested Retail Price :
 $537

This 9-hour online course teaches students in three 3-hour seminars how to
perform MPE/iX system operator tasks, such as system login, job management,
system backup and restore, and system shutdown and startup.  Next Offered : 28
Feb 2000  09:00 AM PT"

$537!!!  that's a hel...um...terrific (:-) deal.  the url is:

http://education.itresourcecenter.hp.com//hpeducation/community/community.asp?comm=9

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer