HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 5

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:08:06 EST
Lars writes:

> Me wrote..
>
>  >You can find source code and screen shots at
>  >  http://www.editcorp.com/personal/lars_appel -> Java Tips -> Telnet
>
>  Okay, I admit that this was a little bit unprecise (the "Java Tips"
>  is "Java Tips and Examples" and "Telnet" is "JavaTelnet" on the page
>  that follows the link)... Here is the direct URL...
>
>   http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/telnet/index.html
>
>  The QUERY example comes first, the Transact link is at the bottom.

I'd already written Lars earlier about this and he was kind enough to give
the direct URL yesterday. However, I am still puzzled. On the web page that
is at:

     http://www.editcorp.com/personal/lars_appel

I cannot find what the links Lars is speaking of. I've just looked again and
I can swear that there is no phrase "Java Tips" on that page. I've even used
my web browser's Cntl+F find function, looking at every instance of "Java" or
"Tips" in the text. My only conclusion at this point is that Editcorp, in a
truly successful attempt at confusing me, is recognizing my incoming IP
address and redirecting me to a similar -- but not quite correct -- web page,
in some sort of a massive, secret government-sponsored scheme to doubt my own
sanity.

Boy, I tell you. This internet stuff can make you paranoid.

Wirt Atmar