HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:47:39 EST
Gavin wrote me privately, but I'll break netiquette and reply publicly anyway:

> Using acrobat reader 4.05 (under Windows 2000) the Adagerad opened at a
>  magnification of 138%, which resulted in black lines running through the
red
>  shading on page 1.  Changing the view magnification to 100% (or a multiple
>  thereof) makes it look beautiful, but just in case anyone complains I
>  thought you might want to know that at least my system made it look rather
>  unimpressive by default.

I meant to mention this problem. There seems to be a defect in the current
version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader that is, exactly as Gavin says,
magnification- and/or screen resolution-dependent. If you get these black
lines, change your magnification or screen resolution, or both.

The problem only occurs at specific resolutions and magnifications.

Thanks Gavin,

Wirt Atmar