HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:16:00 EST
I was hoping today to ship the last of the calendars, but we've run into just
a small problem -- and I'm going to have to waste everyone's bandwidth to ask
for a favor of just three Canadian HP3000-L'ers.

In my original message last December, I said that we could mail calendars to
only the US and Canada. It winds up that the second part of that wasn't true.
In order to send mailing tubes comparable to the ones the US Postal Service
gives us for free, we've found we have to ship all of the Canadian requests
by FedEx. The US Post Office no longer seems to consider Canada as part of
the US.

To simplify matters on our end, we put off the Canadian shipments until the
very end, but you all should have your calendars in hand by the end of the
week.

However, there are three Canadian requests that provided us post office boxes
(to which, of course, FedEx can't deliver). If

     Steve Patterson,
     John Pickering,
         &
     Giles Schipper

wouldn't mind re-emailing me a complete physical street address to which
FedEx could deliver (including a phone number), rather than the PO Box
addresses we originally received, I would greatly appreciate it.

Wirt Atmar