HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 4

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:56:15 -0800
The biggest disadvantage to the logon UDC method is that, presumably, you would
leave LDEV 21 enabled for remote access.  Besides our corporate data security
folks forbidding this, I feel that it's a huge error to even allow easy access
to a port over which console access may be acquired.  We also have a
near-24-hour operation, so someone is usually here to enable the port, if we
need it, so this might affect your decision.  I'm not sure I'd allow it to
remain enabled 24x7 in any case.
----
Lee Gunter                    The Regence Group
Supervisor, TRG HP/MPE Systems     503.375.4498
----
Opinions expressed are solely mine.