HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 4

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:54:42 -0800
Hi, Connie

We use NFT/32 from minisoft, It is fast, we used to use automatic download job
with reflection/minisoft, elapse time was about 70-90 minutes, now same files with NFT/32 under 4-5 minutes.

Cheers

Peter Chong
Sr. ERP/MRP Analyst.
L3 Communications
714.956.9200 x 363
http://www.powerparagon.com

>>> Connie Sellitto <[log in to unmask]> 01/26/00 09:49AM >>>
Fellow Listers,

Running a 937RX under 5.5, I'm creating a large ASCII file (quote-comma
delimited) which will be sent on a monthly basis to remote 2 or 3 PCs.
File size is about 800,000 sectors.    Our HP has a 10-baseT LAN, with
Internet connection to  an NT server, which has a 2nd network card
connected to a hub on a Mac network, which accesses an ISDN line to our
ISP.

At this point, I'm not so concerned with scheduling automatic file
offloads, just getting the file to the remote PC's.  IS FTP the way to go?
I have no experience whatsoever in this area, so would need VERY DETAILED
instructions.  If possible, I would like to use bundled HP software, no
pricey 3rd party packages.

We do have both Minisoft92 and Reflection for HP with NS/VT, ver. 5.21.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Connie

Connie Sellitto