HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 4

From:
Ian Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:26:07 -0000
Hi folks,

I have just been delivering an MPE/iX HPVC course and a
student (with VERY little experience) came up with a question
that I cannot answer, for two reasons:

1. I don't have access to his system so I don't know the state
    or what is running on it etc etc
2. I have never come across this before.

Anyway, it would appear that his Job and Session limits are
set to 50 or 60 and Jobfence set to 0 but with only 25 (approx)
sessions currently running. He (users) have received "Unable
to create new sessions.." messages. He does not know, yet,
how to monitor the system or to find out what is going on as
he has been given the system after the previous admin left! In
other words he may have been handed a 'can of worms'?!

I guess the biggest problem at this point is not knowing what
is actually running on the system but.....

Anyone have any idea's about this or has anyone seen this
before?

I believe he is based in the Houston area and any suggestions
would be appreciated so that I can feed back to him. If anyone
is in the Houston area that would be willing to assist I will
get his permission to forward detail etc.

Thanks in advance. Please email me at the address below.

Regards
Ian
Ian Sargent
Education & Training Consulting Services Ltd
email:  [log in to unmask]
www:  http://www.etcs.co.uk
Tel/Fax: 44 (0)1344 644579