HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 4

From:
Benjamin Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:17:38 -0600
Many many thanks to everyone who responded to me about this.  As it turns
out the location was encrypted into the image I was using.  This occurred
because of the method HP recommended that I prep the file with.  Essentially
they said to pull the image into any word processor and then "print to file"
using the PCL 5e print driver.  The problem with this approach is that where
ever the image was on the page when you "printed" it is where it will always
go when invoked.

What I did to correct the problem was drop the file as a .BMP directly unto
the printer's harddrive (through undocumented Resource Manager magic).  No
other file format that I tried worked.  The same esc seq as before worked.

Thanks again,

Benjamin