HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 2

From:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:59:02 -0800
At 1:17 PM -0600 1/12/00, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Does anyone know whether SPOOF is available for MPE/iX 6.0?  This is a
>utility program written by Boeing Computer Services for performing
>spooler functions.  I have a native mode version (SPOOF xl 1.6 (c) 1991
>The Boeing Company - Jan 12, 1993) that complains about OS release
>version (Operating system revision level incompatibility).   Perhaps
>there may be an entry-point, parm=value or INFO= that will over-ride the
>version check?

Perhaps you may not be aware that HP has supplied SPIFF after many users
decried the loss of SPOOK with the advent of Native Mode spooling. It
provides all the functionality that SPOOK used to, and has been enchanced
to support many of the new native mode features, such as SELEQ, for
example. Just type SPIFF at the CI prompt and you're off and running...

Barry Lake                                 [log in to unmask]
Allegro Consultants, Inc.                  www.allegro.com
(408)252-2330