HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 2

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:50:11 -0800
Hi, Michael

but we cannot develop them quick enough. I've suggested we
use Access many months ago, as you suggest, but this has never been
greeted with enthusiasm by my programming colleagues. Does this work
and what's the catch?

¯-----
Access have built in wizard, virtually no need program(?), It is fast to
develop form and report, most my experince on HP3000 was database
programs form and report, going back to SPL/COBOL/TRANSACT
/COGNOS age, during this development cycle, I learned what screen
suppose be and what report suppose be,

 Access Front end databas is collection of object of form, report to
control window object via access and SQL for how to populates and
how to update data in HP3000 Image, with ODBC/32 connection via
TCP/IP Data is still reside on HP 3000 Image Database.
¯-----
HP is just the 'black box' sitting in the corner.

Works well, for Data keeping, that's the beauty, once misjudge this BOX
life goes to fire fighting for subsitute. still mision critical JOB rely on this BOX.

Cheers,

Michael
____________________________
Michael Howard