HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 2

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:47:16 -0700
7bit
From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
In the past I have written command files that will set variables using
information from a flat file.
Using "Input varname < flatfile" will return the first record in that
file.  Apparently my memory is failing me because I thought if you use
the input < filename inside a "While / endwhile" loop it would read the
entire contents of the file.
I've been testing this today and it's not doing what I expected it to
do.

Has anyone out there used this method?  If so would you be willing to
refresh my aging memory on how to do this?  I've searched the archives
using input and found everything else but this routine.

Thanks for your help,
--
Larry Barnes
Director of MIS