HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 1

From:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:23:43 +0000
Issue the following MPE command from the program

SPOOLF @;SHOW;SELEQ=[JOBNUM=J1234 AND FILEDES=$STDLIST]  >TEMPFILE

TEMPFILE will contain something like

SPOOLID    JOBNUM   FILEDES  PRI COPIES DEV      STATE  RSPFN OWNER

#O36801    J1234     $STDLIST   1      1 LP       READY        USER.ACCOUNT

Ps.  The LISTSPF ;detail command might give you a workaround for your duplicate
Spoolfiles problem

>>> Noam Koren <[log in to unmask]> 04/01/00 11:46:07 >>>
Hello all,

How can I programatically get the spool file id (#Oxxx.out.hpspool) of a
given job number. You should assume that this job had allready ended.

This should be done within a 'c' program (i.e. intrinsic or AIF or
alike). (or other idea one have).

I tried to use the JOBINFO intrinsic (item 32) but it is good for running
jobs only. Calling it after job ends gives 0.

BTW, I noticed that when the system exceeds the job munbers limit (16323)
SHOWJOB show me somethimes TWO outspool files. This is probably because the
'new' job number now have assosiation to two out files. (of course I didnt
clean the out.hpspool group.
Is there a way to filter it to see only the latest out spool file?

TIA
Noam.