HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 1

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:12:27 -0500
Here is another story, unrelated to Gary North, that raises the same
question:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/cth060.htm

It says, in part:

"International Data Corp., an analyst firm, put the amount wasted in the
United States as high as $41 billion [out of $100 billion], including $2.7
billion on extra staff who spent the holiday weekend twiddling their thumbs
after Y2K failures failed to materialize."

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231