HP3000-L Archives

January 2000, Week 1

From:
John Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:04:35 -0600
Ted-

The first thing that comes to my mind is what makes anyone think that NT is
going to be around in 2 to 3 years.  It's only been around a few years in
comparison to MPE, and its track record isn't nearly as reliable and
robust.  My amateur/professional opinion is that MPE will be around longer
than NT as we know it today.

Secondly, that 979 is WAY more powerful than any NT box and it will be
around forever if you want it to be.  Witness the number of Classis 3000s
still in use.  If you saw some of the company names we sell old Classic
parts to, you'd be dumbfounded to realize how much each of us is touched by
those old machines (defense contractors, utility providers, etc.) in our
every day lives.  At least I'm surprised by it.

John Lee
Vaske Computer Solutions