HP3000-L Archives

April 2024, Week 3

From:
ED SHARPE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ED SHARPE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:27:29 +0000
My experience was Boeing was in the late '80s I'd say mid to late 80s and they were a great contributor to the contributed software library and I reviewed several programs that they had and one called Boeing mail which was kind of a free contributed mail program and there were some others and gosh I'm trying to remember the fellow who was in charge of their computer Department up there nice fella who was you got a lot of stuff in there section I think contributed I never used all of it but that is I'll see you be not stop into the early 90s sort of phased out a few articles I remember what I did my last CSL sampler article for Ron Chronicle but the deal was as long as Ron was the editor I was right for them and Ron ended up going on to be editor of a whole bunch of papers and I had another editor that was in charge of just Chronicle and he was okay but it just it wasn't like having run you know so then I directly communicated with and I just it was time to go I was I've gone on doing more history and Technology right here you see him project which was next to the computer business and I ran the 3,000 still sort of and I'd even retired my series 3 from University of Wisconsin you'll waccb system and it I had a 40 and I had a 7933 I picked up for nothing and hpib tape drive  I'm dictating this for you as we go along
Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC MUSEUM PROJECT Glendale AZ

Sent from AOL on Android

  On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 5:21 PM, WILLIAM LONG<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   Knew Boeing was an HP shop but I remember them running BaaN. That software runs on Unix
so they probably had HP-9000's.
Maybe during the 70's/80's they used 3000's.

We ran BaaN on HP-9000's.

Bill